4.01.2011

five minute friday :: a few of my favorite things

5-minute-friday-1

once again hooking up with the gypsy mama for five minutes of my day! the rules are simple: write for 5 minutes unedited. then add your link and show some love to those who have come before you.

and……….GO

those times when he’s still my little man and loves to cuddle with his mama.

i love that my husband knows how to make my coffee and that i occasionally get coffee in bed.

hours-long conversations or visits with mel, always picking up where we left off like no time has passed at all. that unspoken knowledge that we are family and always will be there for each other

“c-a-t spells cat!” says the little man. trying so hard to read and spell on his own. i love his love for learning.

the bond that has grown between the freimuths and the scopinos – so awesome that each of us has each of them in our lives.

hubby passed up opening day yankees tickets to spend my birthday with me (that’s huge!). i love that the most important things to him are God and family.

TIME

this one was difficult for me. definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. yesterday was my birthday (41. yikes!) and the day didn’t really go as i’d hoped. i had planned to make up for it this morning – a little mama time – but school was cancelled. (snow. seriously??) feeling sorry for myself so happy thoughts did not immediately come to mind. whine, whine, whine.

so i’ll spend some time re-reading my post, focusing on the blessings i have in my life. seeing how far God has brought me and how far He has brought my family. and i’ll get over myself. eventually ;-)

what are a few of your favorite things?

No comments:

possibly (though most times NOT) related posts....

Related Posts with Thumbnails