4.22.2011

5 minute friday :: hard love

5-minute-friday-1 it’s been a few weeks but i’m linking up again with the gypsy mama for five minute friday! here’s the deal: write for 5 minutes on the assigned topic – no editing! – then stop. add your linky love and spread some love to the post before. easy-peasy.

and GO!

“for God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son. that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life”
~john 3:16

that’s some serious love, right. can you imagine giving up your child?? for anything??!! nope. not even a little bit. but God did that. for me. ridiculous, right?

loving myself is a hard love. SO difficult. i’m lacking and i fall short in so many ways. i should be a better mother, a better wife, a better person. i should accomplish more in my day. i should give more of myself. how can i possibly be satisfied with who i am, let alone love myself?

but my husband loves me. my son loves me. my mother loves me. do they just not know any better? thankfully, God has given us all the capacity to love. to see beyond the shortcomings and love deeply and truly.

most importantly, He loves me. He made me in His image. and i will remind myself of that daily, hourly, minute by minute so that i can embrace His creation and call myself worthy.

STOP

please be sure to visit the other bloggers – such a great way to make a new friend! :-)

No comments:

possibly (though most times NOT) related posts....

Related Posts with Thumbnails