4.07.2009

Catch up........

I can't believe my last post was St. Patrick's Day! I am so sorry!! So let's see..........

The Grand Opening of "Brazen Betties," a local (Connecticut) artisan shop took place on March 28th and I managed to get all - well most - of my jewelry there! The opening was a blast and I think the shop is going to be a success! Julia, the shop owner, has chosen some awesome designers and artists. The shop has a really ecclectic feel without being scattered or crowded. She's really got an eye! If you're ever in the area, stop by! "Brazen Betties" is located on 95 Main Street in Torrington.

Since we spoke last, I've celebrated a birthday and on that occassion, hubby presented me with a dedicated work bench for my jewelry creating!! Oh yes, and a bench vice!! He's so thoughtful........he might have been more excited about it than I was!! Unfortunately, I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to set it up, let alone do any work on it. It's waiting for me though!

I'm doing a custom order for a friend: some charms that she's been waiting years to get and I'll be working in metal clay, which I'm also a bit excited about. I've also had in mind for almost a month now a new line which will also be crafted in metal clay. I haven't worked with metal clay in a little while so I'm looking forward to it! And........I just got an order for one of my metal clay pendants, "Words of Wisdom"! So, I guess metal clay is the direction in which I'm being led! I love it when things work out that way! Speaking of orders, I've had another through 1000Markets - one of the Copper Spinner Rings. They're proving to be pretty popular (thanks ????!!) but the purchaser hasn't gotten back to me on the size and finish! Maybe she'll stumble across this post ;-) If so, she'll be the first item created on my new jewelry bench!

As I mentioned, I've been busy. Busy with jewelry - I haven't even had time to promote my online shops recently which is bad! Also busy with my other businesses (which is good because it brings in the money!!!) and most of all, busy with family! Our weekends have been pretty jam packed lately, especially since we've found a church, and I love that we're spending time together. When you're doing what God intended, it all has a way of coming together and I'm on my way!

Lastly, I promised you some time ago pictures of my new packaging. I was aiming for simple but eye-catching. Not sure if I succeeded but I like it! If you recall, I had a custom stamp done by Cat of BabyJewels and I love it! I'm using brown craftpaper boxes and I had jewelry cards made through VistaPrint - they're nothing more than custom business cards. You know how bad I am at photography but I did my best. The color is a bit off - the jewelry cards are a light, bright green (the same shade as my banner) and the spirals are sort of sage. Obviously the box is brown but I think it looks a bit gray in the photos. So........let me know what you think!









1 comment:

Lara Lutrick said...

Great packaging.

possibly (though most times NOT) related posts....

Related Posts with Thumbnails