This week's confession comes to us from a fellow jewelry artisan who finds inspiration in nature!
1. Your Name: Madeline
2. Shop Name: Maddy Anne www.maddyanne.etsy.com in Round Rock, TX
3. Anyplace else your products can be seen: Online at:
4. Tell us one thing - as it relates to your craft - that would be surprising. I started making jewelry when I was 11 years old. My uncle's girlfriend introduced me to it, but passed away due to cancer soon after. I've decided that if I ever have my own store, I'll name it after her.
5. What's your favorite item? What's your least favorite item? Why? My favorite item is definitely my "Jolie Bracelet." It's fun and bold, but at the same time, it's not over the top. I'm not sure I have a least favorite. I enjoy making all of my pieces and couldn't bare to pick out the worst. :)
6. Tell us about the mistakes you've made that have turned out well.
My "Rebecca Necklace" is actually made from a mistake. I ordered it in hopes of the hole being drilled in a different spot. It was more challenging, but I think it came out rather interesting.
7. Who's work - in your genre - do you envy? I'm not sure I envy other jewelry makers. I love browsing and learning new techniques from others and seeing new ideas. I always get excited to see successful jewelry makers because it gives me hope that others will be able to enjoy my creations as well.
Thank you, Madeline, for sharing with us! Be sure to show her some love and visit her blog, people!