10.24.2008

Artist Confessions: Suzanne of Bliss Candles

It's that time of year when I love to burn scented candles that smell like fall........pumpkin pie, apple crisp.......yum!! It just so happens that our next artist to confess all can help me out with that.

Let's take a looksee at Suzanne's secrets......

1. Your Name: Suzanne

2. Shop Name: Bliss Soybean Candles and Gifts, http://blisscandles.etsy.com, Grand Haven, Michigan

3. Anyplace else your products can be seen? My website: http://www.blisscandles.com; Calico Cat in Grand Haven, MI; Bloom Essentials in Canada; Enchanted Wings in Pittsburgh, PA; Edna Hart Boutique in Los Angeles, CA; and Jen Rose Skin Care in Long Beach, CA.

4. Tell us one thing - as it relates to your craft - that would be surprising. Making soy candles is a science. Many people would lead you to believe that you melt this and that and throw it in a jar (I wish!). It takes time and experience to get the right wick for each jar and get the right combination of ingredients.

5. What's your favorite item? What's your least favorite item? Why?

Wow – it is hard to name a favorite. I would have to say my Premium 16 oz Jar is my favorite jar style because the lid is so cool! My favorite fragrances are numerous – I am most addicted to Caramelized Pralines, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Spice, Vanilla Hazelnut Pumpkin, Cool Citrus Basil, and Amber Sunset.

My least favorite items would be mason and mayo jars simply because my product line and vision cater more to a decorative, high end jar. Oh – and I hate the fragrances Patchouli and Clove (sorry to the many who love them – I’m more food motivated!).

6. Tell us about the mistakes you've made that have turned out well. I don’t think I have any that turned out well! Like I said, it’s a science so if you goof, you have usually just destroyed the product. Although, I do love it when I have a “short pour” because I couldn’t possibly sell a partially filled jar so I have to keep it!

7. Who's work - in your genre - do you envy? I like decorative, high quality soy candles and you don’t see a lot of people who venture outside of the norm (jelly and mason jars). I do have an Etsy West Michigan teammate, sweetsurrendercandle, who has a nice product line and does incredibly well on EBay.


Suzanne, thank you for participating!! Make sure you grab your button and tell your friends! Readers, be sure to check out Suzanne's shop - she's got some awesome deals going on!! Also be sure to stop by her blogs and show some love:

Bliss Soybean Candles

Must Love Etsy



No comments:

possibly (though most times NOT) related posts....

Related Posts with Thumbnails