10.16.2008

Artist Confessions: Amber of Ambermaida



It's time to reveal the secrets of the first feature artist who, by coincidence, is also a 'neighbor'!! I'd like to thank Amber for participating.......make sure you grab your button and tell your friends, Amber!


Amber's got some seriously cool artwork on etsy. Now let's see what she has to say........

1. Your Name: Amber

2. Shop Name: ambermaida

3. Anyplace else your products can be seen? www.ambermaida.com ; www.myspace.com/ambermaida and in galler
ies throughout CT, VT, NYC and England.

4. Tell us one thing - as it relate
s to your craft - that would be surprising. I am an award winning choreographer as well as an international artist that fuses the love of the visual and performing arts. I am also a NYS Licenced Massage Therapist. All of these elements get fused together at about 6am: picture a big cup of java, Bowie music playing, dancing with the canvas in my pajamas oscillating the canvas, pouring painting, "massaging" the colors and textures with my hands and brushes... ultimately creating a royal mess!!!

5. What's your favorite item? Fragmented Urbanism- it reflects my love of the city, especially Manhattan! What's your least favorite item? Heart Why? It was a theraputic creation, my family suffers from heart trouble and it reminds me of that. i try to give it a positive light though, I'm thankful for every day with my family and cherish my relationships with them all. It's a reminder of how strong our love is.

6. Tell us about the mistakes you've made that have turned out well. I recently was going through some of my older paintings to organize my studio space a bit and held them up very close to my face while transporting them, realizing that they were much more interesting up close, way up close to the point of seeing a small section of canvas and the rest disappears... i tore a section of the canvas off on a whim after seeing this because it was like a little world within the larger painting. When i glanced back at the canvas with the missing section i felt as if i ruined it. A few more days passed and i kept glancing at the small little world realizing that it was ok and was meant to happen for some reason. i am now in the process of removing more of these "little worlds" and plan to mount them on matt board, possibly frame them to draw the attention to the areas that i felt were the most special of the old paintings. I always work spontaneously and intuitively, this just fortified my trust in that.

7. Who's work - in your genre - do you envy? Envy is a strong word... i pr
efer admire. i admire artists who explore, dream, tell stories and simply must create! To add to this, just a bit: David Bowie- he's amazing! Painting, musician, singer/songwriter- he makes me feel it's ok to do many things and that they all can be great, not just good. Anselm Keifer- i love his work and the freedom of creation that he has, there are no limits for him in size of the art, subject matter, depth of thought- brilliant!

Thank you for this opportunity to share my art with you and your blog readers!





Be sure to show Amber some love and check out her etsy shop!

4 comments:

the undomesticated wife said...

I love her work! Very inspiring!

I'd love to be an artist/crafter full time. I think that would be such a great life!

nikkicrumpet said...

WOW...her work is truly amazing. As is your beautiful jewelry. I admire people who have that kind of creative talent. I can't imagine how it must feel to create something so beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS day. It has been quite a rush having so many new visitors. And I'm having a great time coming to see everyone's blog. I hope you have a great night and I'm sure I'll be back here often...if for no other reason than to drool over your jewelry!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog on Thursday :-)

Lovely work. I rather like the pink one..

Julie said...

Very interesting...I'm not too crafty myself, so it's fun reading about people who are!

possibly (though most times NOT) related posts....

Related Posts with Thumbnails