3.09.2011

encouraging words wednesday

hourglass

let’s face it. sometimes there aren’t enough hours in the day. okay, as a mom, wife, business partner & business owner, there’s NEVER enough hours in the day. missed deadlines, missed playgroups, late meals. always in a hurry to check the next item off the to-do list, right? honestly, i wake up feeling the pressure.

the first verse i ever memorized is the first one i forget in times like these. i don’t know why. maybe you all can remind me on occasion:

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
~philippians 3:14

so what are we racing toward? who’s to-do list are we working off of? i’m trying to keep in mind the ‘big picture’. God didn’t put me here in this place to rush from task to task – or maybe He did. but that wasn’t meant to be my priority. my focus must remain on Him – and the reward offered to me in heaven once my work here is finished. and my work – the only work that matters – is spreading His word and showing His love. so at the top of today’s to-do list?

tell someone who needs to know that God loves them.

i’m linking up with renee swope of proverbs 31 ministries for the second wednesday of every month. we’ll connect and commit to provide encouragement to at least one person in our lives. go check out what others have to say

th_EncWdsWeds

No comments:

possibly (though most times NOT) related posts....

Related Posts with Thumbnails