11.02.2009

Categories vs. Collections

Well, I've finally done it. I've been considering making this change for some time and I've taken the leap. I've reorganized my etsy shop!

"Big deal!" some say. But I gave it a lot of thought before making the change. I read through this etsy forum thread and this one. It seems to be a matter of personal preference and I hope that it won't negatively effect my sales. There is common sense logic to organizing by category (earrings, necklace, rings, etc.). If a shopper is looking for something specific, there are the categories right there for all to see. To ease my shoppers into the transition, I've included in my shop description a synopsis of each collection who's name may not be self-explanitory. I've also begun by stating that shoppers can search my shop by specific categories if they haven't the time to window shop.

So why do it at all, you may ask? And why now? Well, the timing coincided with my newest collection "Elements". But overall, I'm trying to steer my jewelry making into a different direction - more than just a hobby, I'm trying to treat my jewelry making as a (very enjoyable!) business which includes defining my style and finding my niche. I know where I want to go so I'm preparing for my arrival!! ;-)

I've also played around a bit with the custom front page view so let me know what you think of my shop's new look!!



No comments:

possibly (though most times NOT) related posts....

Related Posts with Thumbnails