11.24.2008

So here's what happened.........

Not much. I'm speaking, of course, about my first show. There's a really good reason you should research your venue before committing. I thought I had. I spoke to the coordinator about the other vendors......an equal mix of commercial and handcrafts. I didn't think that would be too bad. Turns out, NO ONE did very well. It being a school function, the only tables that got any action were the library bake sale table (yummy stuff, btw!) and the PTO raffle. Oh yes, and be sure to verify your table size. An 8ft table is a whole lot different that a 6ft table when you don't have tons of inventory.

On a positive note: I met a woman who is the co-coordinator of a rather large juried summer art show and she invited me to participate. I received some good feedback on my jewelry and a few people took my cards. We'll see. This weekend I also introduced myself to a local shop owner with the thought of doing some consignment. Again, we'll see.

I'll leave you with a few pics of new stuff, not yet in my shop, showing off newly acquired soldering 'skills'. The photos are horrid but I was in a hurry to take them before I sold all my inventory. haha. ;-) Let me know what you think!










3 comments:

Janice said...

Like your style!! :)

Janice

Deborah Lambson said...

Sometimes its all about who you know so maybe in the scheme of things the connection you made was of greater value than the money you might've made. :) Lovely work!

Hot Rocks said...

Your jewelry is very pretty! I really like your rings! Don't get bumed out about the show, we all get those real duds once in awhile! Sounds like the juried show would be a good one to be involved in!

possibly (though most times NOT) related posts....

Related Posts with Thumbnails